When you dream about snakes, chances are that the meaning of what you just dreamed about is related to challenging issues and feelings that you’re facing in your daily life.
According to Freud’s classic dream interpretation theory, a snake featured in a dream represents a phallic symbol that could relate to a male figure, male energy or how you experience your sexuality. Interpreting what your dream about snakes means does not stop there however. To fully understand its meaning, you need to look deeper into the interpretation of this rich symbol.
To start interpreting what dreaming about snakes means, here are the most common meanings associated with snakes in dreams:
- A snake is a symbol of the unconscious
- Snakes or serpents indicate you’re in the process of healing and resolving issues
- The snake is a symbol for an untamed part of yourself or an untapped resource
- Snakes could represent your intuition or spiritual aspects of yourself; your instinctual drive, what moves you from the depths of your soul
- Snakes or serpents tend to show up in dreams in times of transition and transformation
- From the classic Freudian perspective, a snake or serpent is a phallic symbol
Generally, a snake featured in a dream means that you’re dealing with a difficult situation or unsettling emotions in your waking life. On the positive side of this dream analysis, dreaming of snakes could also mean that healing and transformation are taking place.
A snake can appear in your dreams as an animal spirit guide or animal totem, bringing guidance about life direction and healing opportunities. >> Get more information about the snake as a spirit animal (Source: www.spiritanimal.info)